HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities, the Board of Directors of
Webster and Horsfall Holdings Ltd have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment, which is free of work, related accidents and ill health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate
- Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication of relevant information
- Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment, which is free of accidents and ill health.
Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with the responsibilities, procedures, risk assessments and applicable safe systems of work that together form the Webster and Horsfall Holdings Ltd health and safety manual.